Pages

30 January 2011

Old memories

Last night on my way back from Kothavalasa after a haircut and a bizarre struggle with the bike's petrol tank (which was nearly empty), I got the opportunity to give a lift to a student. He said his name was K. Anil Kumar and that he was a student of St Ann's, Mangalapalem. That he was studying class X was no big news for me. It was at that moment when he said that he was in the tenth standard that it struck me that for me it did not matter... but for him, it means the turning point of his life. Days when I was in the school, class X exams were a big big discussion! Even so when Willy too was writing his exams. But after that with no one in the family nor in the immediate circle of friends appearing for class X exams, it slowly lost its 'grandeur'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...