Pages

05 January 2011

A hot evening!

This evening one of the ladies from the neighbourhood landed up in the Seminary 'claiming' her saree which she could not collect yesterday. In spite of my telling her that there aren't any more left, she waited for Fr KT and got the same reply. After a while of asking and requesting she burst out in an angry tone that she is always refused and that KT always helps others who already have and deny her who really deserves. Before she could carry on any further, I stopped her half way and gave her a piece of my mind. Three of her children are helped by Fr KT not just for their studies but for a decent job as well. Yet she had the guts and the audacity to ramble and rant against KT just because there wasn't any more saree for her!!

Hearing my outburst, which surprised a couple of Brothers too, she shut up. Not a word after that! I was really angry for her demand for charity! Even that was let go but not her curses for helping! While it is true that I do not approve at all Fr KT's style of charity, but that is my problem. And certainly I won't allow that to come in the way of someone from outside coming and abusing him on his face, leaving him helpless to defend himself or state facts and matters to their face!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...