Pages

25 January 2011

Jesus safely locked

While on my marketing spree to Vizag this afternoon, Satyam our driver shared with me about a Church door lock costing Rs 23,000/- Well I was truly shocked! The door lock of a Church to cost so much?? That too a lock for a CHURCH!!

Immediately my mind went to another Church that I visited a month ago. The keys of the Church were left on the notice board just outside the main door. Anyone and everyone knew this. So if anyone was interested in entering the Church for any reason could do so, without having to search for the Parish Priest or the Sacristan. His house was easily accessible.

Coming to the former Church, I said to myself: after so much of sophistication and decoration and preparation, the faithful are outside while the Lord is safely locked up in, along with all the paraphernalia. Just a plain lock would have done. But the best would be: no lock at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...