Pages

02 January 2011

Trusting my community

Last night with one phone call, the 'prophecy' of Fr Provincial came true... Initially he had asked me to couple being Dean of Studies and administration to which I had told him, "Quit joking!" After that call last night, I am now laughing: I'm the joker now! However, I'm not anxious or worried about it, for I trust very much in my confreres, Frs KT and Wilson. They've been with me, especially during my illness and I know what a pillar of strength they can be. However, we'll be missing Rinoy around!

Talking of administration, I'll have to keep in mind that it is not just a matter of putting that office in order, I now need to keep an eye on the whole campus, staff, food, not to mention the petty requirements of each member. That's easier said than done. I've always had this 'money allergy'. I really wish they'd never be anything like money. Furthermore this administration needs to be some lay person's work. Surely not a 'religious' job - not worth all the training and formation. But now that it is there, and I'm supposed to handle it (prudently, of course) I need to see that I don't let my personal opinion and prejudice lead to my confreres and Brothers to starvation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...