Pages

01 January 2011

The curse of money!

If I were in the Provincial house when I was reviewing this book about the African continent, I would surely have prepared a flex with the following quotation of Paul Kruger, a former Prime Minister of South Africa speaking on the discovery of gold, as the backdrop for the meeting concerning finance and administration:
Instead of rejoicing you would do better to weep: for this gold will cause our country to be soaked in blood.
My conviction that money is the bane of our apostolate gets confirmed every now and then. So I wouldn't shy from saying this to whoever concerned, especially those fervently looking forward to extra financial resources with no clear plan or intention of using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...