Pages

23 February 2021

Listening

 Today's inspiration... 

I guess that is what distinguishes a wise person from a teacher or a learned person... the ability to listen.  Not just hear, but listen with an open mind and a generous heart.  

Of late I've realised my nephew tends to speak longer to me over the phone.  Earlier he barely spoke to me.  But since the time I appreciated and showed some interest in his activities and learning skills he has begun to compete with my niece for 'his time' with me!!  And my niece, not to be outdone, at least for the time spent, goes on and on about stuff I barely can make sense of.  The temptation is to cut her off and end the conversation.  But I know if I do that she is going to interpret it as my disinterestedness in her 'achievements'.  So I listen.  And am happy with that time spent with them, because I know that time is not wasted but invested in a relationship.  Worthy every bit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...