Pages

01 February 2021

Remembering those gone before us

On the first of every February we Salesians remember the deceased members of our Salesian family.  I always felt there couldn't have been a better day to do this than immediately after the feast of Don Bosco.  Of course, we remember those gone before us on their anniversary or birthday and again collectively during our annual retreats, but this commemoration has always been special for me.  It is a nice way of saying 'Thank you' to all those who professed and committed themselves to God and the young and poured out themselves in their own unique Salesian ways in God's Kingdom.  

A collage of the souvenirs of deceased Salesians and Sisters
of this GBR Salesian Province

Among those whom I know and heard, I am grateful for all those with whom I had the good fortune of living and working with.  Specially remember those I've been greatly inspired by ... Fr John Lens and Fr Ronald Menezes, among the many others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...