Pages

18 February 2021

Giving up for giving

It is one thing to fast when one has plenty to eat and choose from and totally another when one has nothing to eat in the first place!  I think if we are to build up the triadic relationship with God, the other and myself, we need to graduate from merely 'giving up' to 'giving' - with a spiritual intent.  In that way, all three are involved: we are doing it for God, benefitting the neighbour or the needy and helping oneself too in this whole process. 

While 'giving up' has its merits, it is lesser than 'giving' because it ends up with me alone!  Or at the most God and me!  There could be a laissez faire effect wherein the needy benefit but when I decide to share with the other what I've denied myself, then the good reaches the other directly and instantly.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...