Pages

31 January 2013

I myself

Fr Maliekal offered a very rich insight today during his sermon on the feast of Don Bosco.  Citing the text from the book of Ezekiel where Yahweh assures the people saying, "I myself will...," Fr Maliekal spoke about the Salesian pedagogy of assistance.  It is not remote controlled but physical and involved. It is "I myself" who am involved; 'I myself' who is there full time with those entrusted to my care.  It is 'I myself' who takes responsibility for their growth and well being in every aspect of life.

From one perspective it may sound a bit egoistic but viewing it from a wider and committed angle, it is really very inspiring.  Our God Himself makes this promise to be with His people...  "I myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...