Pages

20 January 2013

All for the ... railways!

Yesterday morning, I had the privileged fortune of standing in a queue for four and half hours! I went to the railway station to submit the railway ticket reservation tatkal scheme form in the morning at 6 for one of our confreres.  It was supposed to be an easy process: hand-over the form, and then collect the ticket later in the day.  Unfortunately due to the peak holiday and travel season, the railways decided to bend the rules!  So here I was in a queue from 6 am to 10.30 am.  The icing on the cake was when I reached the counter (at 10.30 am). The man across the counter, staring into the computer, solemnly shoved back my form saying, "Waiting List no. 55!"  There was nothing else I could do other than turn around and walk back - as did most of them who were on that queue along with me.  So much for our tatkal ticket booking experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...