Pages

08 January 2013

Uno Palabra (A Word)


This is a song from the movie Man on Fire.  It's lyrics, in Spanish, convey a lot of meaning and with great efficacy as well.  The tune is very very simple, with very little of orchestration and a ton of emotions. 
Here is the English translation of the same: 
A word does not say anything 
And at the same time it hides everything 
Just as the wind that hides the water 
Like the flowers that mud hides.

A glance does not say anything

And at the same time it says everything 
Like rain on your face 
Or an old treasure map

A truth does not say anything 

And at the same time it hides everything 
Like a bonfire that does not go out 
Like a stone that is born dust.

If one day you need me, I will be nothing 

And at the same time I will be everything 
Because in your eyes are my wings 
And the shore where I drown, 
Because in your eyes are my wings 
And the shore where I drown

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...