Pages

12 March 2012

For what...

It is said that in a race between the lion and the deer, often the deer wins. That's because the lion runs for food, whereas for the deer it is a matter of life and death, sheer survival! This only proves that purpose is more important than need. 'For what' is a greater challenge than 'if what'.

Every time Brothers approach me for some permission or request, I mostly and only ask them, "for what?" Only and only if their reason is valid and genuine do I grant them their request, even if it is something odd or 'not in the rule book'. And they dread me for binding them to that choice for that particular reason; I ensure that they enjoy that privilege, exactly for the purpose reported to me and not anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...