Pages

08 June 2020

Istvan Sandor

In the Salesian family we remember today the courage and the great apostolic zeal of Bl. Stephen Sandor, known more locally in Hungary as Istvan. 

Living and working during the communist regime has never been an easy task for religious.  What catches my attention of Istvan is his zeal for working as per his Salesian charism even in those dangerous circumstances.  With all the liberty and time at hand, I find it difficult to know and decide what to do.  But here is a young man, filled with the spirit of Don Bosco who finds and embarks on youth work, knowing well that he is risking his life in this endeavour.  That kind sensibility to notice the need and respond with all one's resources, even to the extent of risking one's own life, is something I can hardly even dream of!  

I mostly pray for that grace to be able to notice the need of young people and respond appropriately.  If Istvan could do so much in such restricted times and circumstances, the possibilities I have are numerous.  I only need to see and get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...