Pages

23 April 2016

Philosophy and life

Over the past few months, there has been several times when I've questioned myself about the validity of pursuing my higher studies in Philosophy.  Having lived and experienced life, at close quarters in Punganur and here, Ramanthapur, I see the disjoint between philosophical study and real life.

However, I'm also quite aware - and happily so - that what I am is aided much by my own philosophical study and reflection.  If not for philosophy perhaps my view of the horizon I now behold may not be the same.

Honestly speaking I think the disjoint is not so much between philosophy as such and life but in the way philosophy is treated and looked upon and the sort of life commitment one is willing to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...