Pages

10 April 2016

Do not seek to be merciful… Act arbitrarily

Reflections on the Year of Mercy (4)
(courtesy: Fr T.D. John)

Do not seek to be merciful… Act arbitrarily, without accountability 

The talk of proper procedures is a big joke. Where is the thrill of being the boss if I am to be accountable? Why should I follow procedures when I am in charge? Did I reach this far to be bound by common rules and procedures? I have the right to do what I want. I am not accountable to anyone.

During this year of mercy, I will announce that I will take arbitrary decisions and not follow any procedures. I will be careful to be accountable for my dealings.

Statutory Warning: If you follow procedures, people will feel safe and take responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...