Though it is basically the same content that I deal with, every year I end up highlighting certain aspect of the content and it is hardly the one that I come prepared with. Reminds me of Lonergan's concept of Insight (which I'm sure I got it wrong!). This time it was the unique and the special role of four of the basic elements that are involved in a communication process: sender, receiver, message and the channel. I could successfully weave together the various sessions, presentations, excercises and examples to convincingly challenge the boys - would-be Salesians - about ...
- the need to have a message of our own,
- the importance to make that message convincing and sure,
- to be clear/specific about the message,
- to have our receiver clear in mind and
- finally choose the best of channels available (rather than mourn and groan about those unavailable).