Pages

11 March 2010

Summer heat and habits

Summer has certainly set in ... so much so, with the two hour power cut every afternoon, it almost becomes impossible to peacefully think and work normally. With prespiration trickling down your back, there is hardly any work that progresses - besides repeatedly wiping your forehead to avoid 'baptising' the papers on your desk!! So for the last two days, I did the next best thing I could: I slept through the afternoon!! Then I sit up at night. The double advantage: it is climatically pleasant and perfectly peaceful, without anyone or any phone calls interrupting your flow of thought and work. Of course, if there is power cut again in the night, you're doomed!

However the other danger lurks large and I am also aware of it: I am not available in office in the afternoons and if someone from outside or even my own staff wants to meet me, I'm not there!! Furthermore, this afternoon rest is a deadly plague. I've kept myself far from it thus far and I absolutely have no intention of making this siesta a habit. Speaking of habit it reminds me of a quote:
We first make our habits, and then our habits make us. (John Dryden)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...