Pages

21 January 2021

If I were not...

Sometime ago I used to wonder what would I be doing if I were not a Salesian (a religious) living here in the UK at this time of the pandemic??  

I could have been teaching.  But right now am not!  So what exactly would I have got involved in?  More pertinently what would I have been doing for a living?  

Initially it was a bit frightening to guess what profession I'd be in.  However, I was soon at peace because I didn't have any big aspirations or needs.  Thanks to my rather modest upbringing and my Salesian religious life, I've grown up to be most happy with the least of facilities and luxuries.  Added to that I do not have a family to support so it's just me that I need to take care of - financially, I mean.  So I'd be more than happy to do some part time teaching (either in a school or preferably at some institute of higher learning) and then rest of the time relax doing some driving (and earning as well!!).  I've not really calculated the exact amount I'd need to live by, but from my little experience, I don't think I'll be too distraught about my economic situation!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...