Pages

10 December 2020

Writing

Academic writing, I've come to accept (and give in to), is painful!!  It is so devoid of feelings and passion, that it feels nothing!!  Yet is a mental torture - for the one writing (at least for me) and for the one reading!  

I've realised that's the only way forward. I don't see any other way out of completing my studies.  So far, I wrote what gripped me, what I truly felt was significant.  It was much much more than mere words for a dissertation.  It had to have a personal relevance to me, if it had to find a place in my text.  But I guess, that does not count for much.  To be academically accepted and approved, it ought to be complicated, incomprehensible to anyone outside the academia, and most importantly I've got to stop getting personally involved, in the sense of seeking meaning, something special for myself!  Just the head and not the heart! 

And what am I writing about?? Language and meaning!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...