Pages

10 August 2009

Prayer for today

Just when I was losing patience and strength, after a really... really maddening day, here comes a note from Fr Lens: "I share with you a discovery, a beautiful prayer of John XXIII..."

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Today I will just do my best
to live this day itself
without trying to solve
all the problems of my life.

Today I will try to go
Where I would rather stay away’

Today I will avoid two things:
Excessive haste, and indecision

In spite of appearances to the contrary
Today I will put my faith
in God’s presence at my side.

I will not let me get discouraged
By the idea that I have to keep it up
All the rest of my life.
Thank you Fr Lens! It couldn't have come at a better time! You see, this is the reason, I adore you: You know best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...