Pages

12 August 2009

Job well done!

Am reminded of an extract I jotted down from a book years ago (The Ultimate Gift by Jim Stovall):
There is a certain love which comes from doing a job well. When you can step back at the end of a long, hard day and watch the sun set over a straight and strong fence that you built yourself, you get the feeling that everything is right with the world.
Today I certainly feel this feeling, not merely understand it. The SPCSA meeting is over. It was really taxing. Good work. I should say, Fr Tom did a real good and great job with the food and kitchen. The FMA barging in was rather hard but he handled it all well. What surprised me was that he was quite cool about the whole thing. Merely arranging the travel and journey particulars, I lost my head not just with our staff but with some confreres as well. But he was calm... Nice!!

So here I am at the end of the day - but not of the work - happy, with that sense of feeling of having done well. I hope it all facilitated the participants to focus on issues which matter to all concerned. If all our community efforts succeeded in achieving that, then any effort is no pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...