Pages

30 August 2008

In the face of death

For the first time today, I really sensed desperation in Baly's voice as I heard him describe Fr Jude's last moments - desperation because he was doing all he could along with the others but he was also observing that he was sinking! I can imagine if I, sitting here in my office, hundreds of kilometres away could feel it, that too for someone whom I've never met, seen or heard about before, how much more would those close to him have felt! And then, what would Fr Jude himself have been undergoing? It is true that he was gasping for breath - that must have been his only thought. But did he know that he would die? Or at any moment during those last couple of hours of running around hospitals, gave him a thought that he would not survive the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...