Pages

09 August 2008

If not the sun, the stars...

Here's another one from Rabbi: I love the light for it shows me the way, yet I endure the darkness because it shows me the stars. How often so many of us wander in the dark, perfectly content to stumble rather than ask for help - even though help sought from God is only lip-help. If only we dare to lift up our eyes to the stars above. If not for the light they cast, at least for the assurance that we're not alone.

As days go by, I'm feeling more confident that life not a tyrant after all. If I can manage a week without most of the amenities and with a General Chapter going on in the campus, I think, I can! Just a matter of organisation and coordination. Of course, prayer is something that I should not miss out on. For the first time, I've been skipping personal prayer continuously for long. But I realise, I'm mastering an art that I've heard from my novitiate days onwards: ejaculatory prayer! Well, if not the sun, at least the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...