Pages

13 August 2008

Evangelisation as a Brother...

It was a nice solemn day without much of fanfare or hypocritical flattery. Happy to have done something for Sarath. He's one of the few guys I appreciate for their sincerity and dedication to the higher principles and values. It is also true that scolding him comes easy - may be the principle of 'weak with the strong and strong with the weak'! Anyway, God bless him with strength and vigour to inspire many more to be like him.

This evening Fr Noel brought to my attention how a simple act of invitation that I extended to a youngster to join the community for the evening Rosary could be a courageous act of evangelisation. Every time I hear my name and the word evangelisation, I feel thrilled. Perhaps because it is not a often heard combination: a Brother and proclamation! That's the reason also I mentioned about being congratulated for evangelising through the web. Frankly speaking, it was a spontaneous invitation, nothing preplanned. Yet I never felt bad neither about inviting her to join nor about her refusing to join us. I guess this is what the Church tells us when it calls us to 'proclaim Christ'. I still remember Fr Ivo telling, 'Our responsibility is to proclaim, not convert. Conversion is the work of the Holy Spirit'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...