Pages

01 August 2008

Teach me. I'll do it!

Slowly getting into the job of managing time and tasks effectively - the time remains the same, the only problem is that jobs keep increasing! Anyway, was at a point when was about to close up everything and just take a walk when I said, 'let me read something'. And then there was this book lying on my table since yesterday, given by Fr Noel - This opened my eyes by C.P. Varkey. Opened a page and read this interesting bit:

My role model is my mother. She escaped from Nazi Germany when she was 17 and came to the US, where she sold dresses and learned to speak perfect English. When my dad died of a heart attack, I saw my mother cry and mourn, and then take over his real estate business. I remember one of her office managers saying, "You can't do this. You don't know anything about real estates." And my mother replied, "No, I'll do it. Teach me, I can do it." I never forgot that: "Teach me. I'll do it." I've done quite a few things in my life. I have produced some smash hit films. I'm the chairperson of Paramount Pictures now. "Teach me. I'll do it." Sherry Lansing (Reader's Digest)

Wow, that's some lesson to learn. Feel bit refreshed ... and inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...