Pages

02 August 2008

The thin red line... journalism & life

There was a great temptation since last night that I have so far successfully resisted: that of becoming a news monger!! Well, there was this train accident somewhere after Warangal in the early hours of yesterday. Nothing special, only that of the 32 victims burnt in that accident, three were physically challenged persons who were here in the same campus (at BIRDY) for almost a week and were returning to their homes. They were from PARA, Ravulapalem. Now, as the web-coordinator, I wanted to "own" this "news" for our Province website, but then I felt that I was playing cheap. I cannot make their death an issue just because I want news bits! I did not want to demean their life - and death - to mere news articles. Had I really met these people and taken time to interact with them while they were here, I'd have certainly put that up - but not because I want news! I feel better this way. May their souls rest in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...