Pages

20 August 2008

Idea of oneself

Started rereading The Alchemist a couple of days ago. Managed to read a few pages yesterday after long. How different words mean in different contexts! I read this book first when doing my Media studies in Mumbai and was fascinated by it. The words, 'When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.' had a significance then. Yesterday when I read those words I scoffed at them!

Anyway, what caught my attention yesterday was some other text... not sure if it struck me then! When someone sees the same people everyday, as had happened with him in the Seminary, they wind up becoming a part of that person's life. And then they want the person to change. If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own. Now that's one point, hardly anyone can dispute , especially the last one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...