Pages

14 August 2008

Lessons in prayer

This afternoon I learnt another lesson in prayer and evangelisation - though short-lived, for I almost forgot it by now! Fr TV Jose narrated how Fr Chacko made Maria and someone else go and pray all the while they were drilling a bore in BIRDY. It then struck me that the thought of asking God's help - though all and sundry were asked to help - never occurred to me today. I was very much humbled - and ashamed - when I then remembered that even in the morning one of the ladies who came to weed the garden began with a prayer! So much for being a religious. But may be the hectic activity of the day and night is taking a toll on me. Early today someone asked me what I'm doing tomorrow. I said nothing. Not celebrating? I asked, celebrate what? The person at the other end was shocked: "It's independence day and the feast of Our Lady!" Only then did I recollect it!! I think it is a problem of prioritizing. It is true that I did manage to accomplish most of what I had to, today. If delayed they would have been delayed for another two weeks. But was it worth the loss of time, memory and Our Lady?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...