Pages

24 August 2008

My vocation as a Brother

The other night driving back from the airport with both the former and present Mother Generals of SAPs, I had a short but nice conversation with Sr Ernestine. I've had it with others too but not too often. People ask me why I didn't become a Priest and decided to remain a Brother life long? I ask them in return, Why should I become a Priest at all? Just because I can speak well, I'm intelligent, I'm capable ... are these the core of Priesthood? Truly, I've never felt the call to be a Priest.... but Don Bosco, YES!! So why should I force myself to become something that I'm not called to be! People tell me I'll make a very good priest. But that's not what I've been called to! I certainly may do well, but in the heart of heart I'll know that it is I who want to become a Priest - not the One who called me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...