Pages

14 August 2026

Personal commitment

 I had another round of discussion with a confrere this morning, again very profound and touching some of the basic issues concerning our Salesian apostolate across the province and in the individual communities.  

One of my primary concerns - was and - is that we Salesians have become numb to the challenges of the youth!  We have found our safe haven in our houses and in our own worlds.  Our commitment to respond to the needs of the youth, is lost when faced with the slightest of discomfort or smallest of a hurdle.  We have basically losing or lost the SPARK!

I truly believe that if I am passionate about working with and for the young, and I notice that there is a challenge which the young people are struggling with - not in the air, but in my vicinity - I will pour out myself, in response to it.  Literally, pour out myself.  I will use every bit of space, every tiny infrastructure, every resource around me, every ounce of my strength and give my best to assist the young or the needy.  I need to 'own' up that challenge, with and for the young.  I will not wait for a mega project to be sanctioned, a new building to be put up, extra space/land to be provided, or someone from somewhere giving me directions as to what to do.  I will just do whatever I can, with whatever I have.  

Without that bit of will, that tiny effort, that initial investment of myself - all of myself - (and the little I have), no amount of money or resources or infrastructure or land or even God himself (by Himself, all alone) can make any meaningful and sustained impact.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...