The joy of having successfully completed a task is good. But the joy of having completed a task of which you had no clue or knowledge about and which you discover so much in the process of fulfilling it, is truly great!
Such was one of my experiences yesterday. I observed an SMS that I received on the office phone a month ago and I could not make head or tail of it. So began my attempt to understand what it was all about. It was about an application that we had submitted in 2020, six years ago. The government had not decided to act upon it and also grant a concession for completing the process within a stipulated time. It was about the Layout Regularisation Scheme (LRS) of the Telangana govt.
Yesterday I completed the process of reducing the quoted fee by more than half. All of this because I discovered, through a long and passionate follow up, that the calculation was wrong - although that miscalculated figure itself was far FAR below the present day rates.
Another instance of me surprising myself! From the classroom to the courtroom. From being a lecturer to being an administrator. From philosophy to economics and law.
And the journey continues!
No comments:
Post a Comment