Pages

28 March 2009

The mustard seed

A short reflection on the Parable of the mustard seed in the context of our Salesian religious life: The mustard seed will grow to be its best when it receives all the necessary life-support, sunshine, rain, minerals, ambiance... whether it wants it or not. The mustard seed is to a great extent compelled by what it gets! Unlike this mustard seed, we Salesians ought to make a conscious and daily choice to be the best of who we can be - not as a group but as individuals. The surroundings and the situations we find ourselves do have a say but not the ultimate say. Whatever the situation, I still have to make that conscious choice to be the best of who I can be. However good and favourable the situation outside (or inside me), that alone will not naturally bring the best out of me.

My religious life and commitment is a daily struggle and a conscious one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...