Pages

25 March 2009

Evil and sin

Reading the online issue of Indian Currents, I came across this opening line which I certainly feel there is something wrong about: The concept of sin (or the mystery of evil as the church calls it) is something that torments humans all over the world, especially believers in all religions.

Hope someone will be able to clearly state how mystery of evil is not the same as sin!! For me at least, evil is a much wider concept than sin. One thing for sure, evil is something that I may not directly be involved in whereas sin is something I ought to have a hand in!

Evil exists... it is inevitable.
Sin isn't!


Perhaps if we stretch the meaning of sin and evil, they would meet somewhere, but not in their present concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...