Pages

09 February 2009

Fighting myself...

These days I am increasingly torn between my own prejudices and convictions. As I become more and more aware of my own prejudices, I also become aware - or rather, remind myself - of the many reasons why I am right in those prejudices. But it is a tension. How is it that I can feel and think one way about one person and very very differently about another person, who is perhaps in the same boat as the former?

Caught in this dilemma I feel rather embarrassed when I have to encounter the person about whom, I am struggling with my prejudices. It is very agonising. At times I just wish to blurt out what is in my mind but hold back myself for I know that it is totally wrong and very harmful, for both and all of us. There is also no point in talking to him, for he does not see the point. Talking to others is nothing short of gossip and slander - no way constructive to help the other. That leaves me to do the thinking, talking and fighting with myself.

Luckily there is enough and more work to do and that keeps me occupied. But every time I come across the person, these feelings keep gnawing at me from within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...