Pages

05 March 2017

Lenten penance

What did you give up for Lent?  That's the question most people have in mind now.  I've asked myself too the same.  When in a context where more than half of the week I give up lunch (not because I want to but because I'm away at college) there's no point in giving up more of food!  So that really brings me to ask what is it that I then give up so that I 'feel' it?

So for this Lent, I'm giving up 'discouragement'.  May look odd but in this present moment, I think that's what I'm 'enjoying'!  So why not give up that!  The academic front has been challenging. And not used to being challenged intellectually, I find myself struggling.  Over the past couple of months, I realise I've been wallowing in this pit of 'lethargic discouragement'. Time for some sacrifice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...