Pages

12 June 2009

Invest in people... not buildings

The discussion at table this morning revolved around the newspaper report of the tourism minister of Karnataka offering a diamond studded golden crown to Lord Venkateswara in Tirupathi... and the cost.... 45 crores!! Whooooops!!

When I first heard this, I felt like vomitting!! But the next instance, what came to my mind was the large Churches we have or are planning to build. Each of them too would run into quite a few lakhs, if not a crore at least. So I had to calm myself saying, not all fanatics are outside, some are inside my religion, my congregation and myself too!!

I wonder when will we learn to invest in people (knowledge, experience, standard of living, basics of life, dignity, empowerment) rather than on buildings and structures...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...