Pages

03 October 2008

Religion and fear...

The memorandum submitted by Bp Jala - of which I came to know from austraLasia! - in a way puts on the table one of the most tricky questions avoided thus far. If we Christians are willing to introspect, then I suppose the question posed by Bp Jala would be a pointed question for the Hindutva groups to ponder upon: Does not the Hindutva opposition to Christian activities come rather from the fear that many of the deprived communities may be so empowered as to assert their own rights and resist exploitation?

This is truly something that everyone needs to introspect. I remember Claudi asking me the same question some years ago during a session: "What are you afraid of?" Then, it caught me unawares but it lead me rightly to the core of the matter and address that rather than go around beating the bush.

I often keep asking myself this question since then. Done well, this really hits the nail on the head as to what exactly is the issue at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...