Pages

20 October 2008

Talking to God

Thanks to Cheryl who sent me a book titled 'Mister God, This is Anna' I remember hearing about this book long time ago. But not sure when and in what context. However, I opened it to glance at it before I put it aside to read it for a "leisure... relaxed time" and this sentence caught my fancy:
Anna got involved with everything and anything: her involvement was on such a deep level that very little ever frightened her. She was ready to meet everything on its own terms. At whatever level the thing existed, Anna would be there to meet it. Occasionally she'd run into a situation for which she had no adequate word. She'd invent one, either a brand-new one or she'd teach an old one to do a new trick...

That being said of a tiny little girl was a bit too much for me. Comparing with my life, where I try to get out of the many things I get drawn into, I find it extremely amusing - all that involvement thing.

And then I closed the book. There was the title staring me in the face: 'MISTER GOD, THIS IS ANNA'. I asked myself, do I do that... Do I ask/talk/converse with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...