Pages

02 October 2008

Beauty and the beholder...

I've heard the phrase, 'Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder' several times. These days watching the amazement and joy in the eyes of the women groups that are undergoing some women empowerment programmes here in BIRDY, I'm having my doubts about the completeness of the phrase. These women, most from rural settings are all awestruck and completely mesmerised when they first see the Dream Park here in the Provincial house. Much more when they see it with all the lights and fountains and waterfall at night. Looking at them, I cannot resist looking at the Dream Park myself - though I see it everyday!! Just to see what's new? Then I realise as days go by these very women sit around the Dream Park and continuously chat on their cell phones... the number of those watching the Park keeps reducing, till another new group comes in.

So I was wondering if beauty is in the eyes of the beholder or only the first time beholder?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...