Pages

13 October 2008

Business tactics

Running around these days for administrative purposes is a tension-filled job. There's no moment that you can say, "It's over!" Last week I purchased 6 pieces of air-conditioners for the house and had payed the full amount of all expenses, inclusive of installation charges. Then the guy who comes to drop the ACs asks for transportation charges. Today the installation guy says you have to hire guys to drill a hole in the wall and then we'll do the rest of the work. Each one has his own argument to convince me that what they say is real and this bit is not included in the payment made earlier.

But I should say we get wiser by every mistake we make and learn from them. Knowing this would be the case, I had blocked some payment earlier of another accessory. This evening I put my foot down firmly and said, "Nothing doing, you either finish the work and take the due payment, or you won't get a pie!"

Now I don't know what these guys will come up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...