Pages

24 October 2008

The integral picture

That same ugly double-faced style of life and living gets reflected in every meeting, everytime!! At the end of the touching presentation of Fr Palli on the Orissa carnage, we all want to jump the wagon! But when he began his presentation with the HR education in our institutions, there were no takers! What a double face!

We time and again fail - or even refuse - to see the integral picture. Today the Christians are burned and tortured in Orissa and my blood boils. Where was my blood when day before yesterday something similar happened to some hindus or muslims? Are only Christians human beings?

Most importantly what am I committing myself to, in order to ensure that 'Orissa' does not repeat anywhere, to anyone, anytime? Protests, conscientisation, rallies ... all are fine. But when I am capable and opportunities are provided at doing something more, why see the negative side and list out reasons why we cannot do it rather than see possibilities and opportunities?

Lord, help me see through ...

2 comments:

  1. hi bro. vincent,

    thanks for the message you left in my Cbox... it always brings me great pleasure to meet confreres in the cyber world... we may not meet each other personally, but i guess our being salesians allow us to communicate in very familiar ways. Thank you bro! keep in touch.

    btw, soon, we will be neighbors... i hope to leave for pakistan before this year ends.

    God bless!


    melo, sdb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melo,
    Nice to hear from you! Glad that you are coming to Pakistan!! I'm sure you are ready to take up what God has in store for you in the mission territory. I've been following your blog and do support you with my fond remembrance and prayers!

    I'm not sure if you are from FIN or FIS but I was in Cebu for a meeting in October 2007 (just 5 days). Have very fond memories of that trip... especially of the dynamic Fr Fidel Orendian!!

    All the best for your preparation!
    God bless!
    Castilino

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...