Pages

03 April 2014

Quick! Some water...

Watching some of my students the way they respond to certain situations wherein they have to take stock and make quick decisions, all in a matter of seconds or minutes, I am reminded of an analogy that I had thought of long time ago. Here it goes:

  • A house is on fire. 
  • The one whose house is on fire is standing beside me watch it go up in flames. 
  • I turn to him and urgently tell, "Go! Get some water!"
  • He takes off in a particular direction. 
  • He returns with a glass of drinking water for me! 

Well, that's how some of my students respond to delicate/urgent situations.  They are totally at a loss. And when this is pointed out to them, they squarely blame it on the one who is trying to assist them, saying, "He confused me!" or "He made me nervous!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...