Pages

01 February 2013

Liberating God?

In my Philosophy of Religion class we were discussing today about God's omnipotence and omniscience. It was interesting to watch them stare helplessly - and then pleadingly - as I challenged and in a way tore down their 'match-stick ideas' of God.  Though not all were convinced of my arguments or reasoning and viewing God differently, in a more sensible and human fashion, than as one 'in the clouds' and 'beyond everything', most saw the point and were willing to atleast reflect on it.

At times, I also feel it is not them that I'm liberating from their shackled ideas but God Himself... saving God from their petty and shallow construct of who He is and what He ought to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...