Pages

03 February 2013

Confusion, Drama, Devotion

This year's Parish feast, held yesterday and today, was more peaceful than the earlier couple of years that I was a witness to.  As opposed to the past two years, I did manage to steal an hour of sleep at night yesterday - something I thought would only be a dream! Though there were some trouble-makers it was not a big nuisance.  I was happy to note that quite a few of the youngsters who gave us a lot of trouble last year were sober last night and surprisingly did recognise me too.  Practically all of those young people came by to wish and speak to me for sometime at least.

However, as ever this sort of mega-celebration is more of a confusion, drama and tension than devotion and spirituality.  Perhaps I'm being a dualist - dissecting the secular and the spiritual... perhaps, all the confusion and noise and tension and fights and drinking and what not, is part of the whole spiritual exercise - if not for us, at least for the pilgrims.

Anyway, God bless them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...