Pages

18 July 2010

'Litany' after Communion

The whole custom of saying a 'litany' of prayers after Communion (during Mass) sounds a bit odd to me. Let me give an analogy: You write a long letter to a good friend of yours and just when you are about to post it, that friend himself appears at your doorstep. What do you do? Receive him in and read out the letter or tell him directly what you had written? I'm sure, anyone would converse with him, chat with him, share with him the news or information... not read out that letter or some other details. Why then treat Jesus like a stranger, as if He is far away and needs an official letter of thanks. Immediately after receiving Communion, He is IN me, close to my heart, in person. Why not then just talk to him face to face, converse with Him, say all that we want to say, thank Him for his intimate presence, rather than recite prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...