Pages

22 November 2008

Something amiss...

After writing that bit about my interaction with a youngster from the Parish, I had this nagging feeling that something is amiss... I got it right only this evening while listening to my mother scolding me for not taking the herbal prescription that she has been prescribing for my cold since one week!

It then struck me, that my whole interaction was more than just a 'friend catching up with another on the latest happenings'. Neither was it about 'being a friend or preaching'. It was purely the mother's genuine concern for her son, that drove me to talk with the youngster for so long and with such focus.

Knowing that lady's struggle over the years, I really feel she deserves better at this age. And what struck me most was her agony - not at her pain of having to work and foot the bills herself but that her son was not happy and contented. Her pain was that her son was not at ease and that something was troubling him and she couldn't helplessly stand and watch him throw his life away.

Truly, only a mother knows best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...