Pages

05 November 2008

For love of Philosophy

After calling up someone else and wishing him happy b'day, I finally got NJG today. Speaking to him reminded me of our good old days at Yercaud. Listening to him, I'm convinced he's still the same - fresh, cranky and straightforward!

In fact, being in the presence of such 'liberated spirits' - crack fellows who dared think out of the box, with delightful insights, serious about their effort and enjoying it too - and free thinkers that I began to appreciate the worth of philosophy. Luckily that happened during my first year itself. So I was able to fully enjoy my two years in Yercaud and in Nashik thereafter.

People - especially formators - often say that philosophy is the handmaid of theology. Well could be! However, I still prefer philosophy to theology. Not that I have something against theology but somehow, I enjoy the expansion of horizons that philosophy facilitates. All that squabbling, clarifying, questioning ... all for love of wisdom and an effort to arrive at the truth.

And the best part? Not the end product but the process itself! That's the cream of Philosophy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...