Pages

01 November 2008

Wasting quality time... usefully!

Today after long, I spent some quality time talking to some of the staff members. Listening to them gave me a bit of a boost... not that they spoke about me. But they spoke about themselves! It gave me the assurance that they still look at me as one whom they can feel free to talk about themselves. That they need not evade me or talk some business always (though that is what I talk most often!).

They spoke about their little jokes, some bloomers they enjoy when amidst some serious work, some petty issues that they have among themselves and so on. This time I stayed and listened, laughed, nodded and enjoyed their company. I did not think of any excuse or give them a lousy reason 'to finish some work'. I'm glad I did that.

I skipped my walk but I gained people! Not a bad exchange at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...