Pages

19 November 2008

Commitment to Priesthood

I’ve always nurtured some prejudices against Fr Balaraju – may be his drawbacks also, but let me accept it also! However, there are also times when I envy him for certain convictions and lifestyle he follows. Today for instance, the way he prepared for the Holy Mass. He had informed me that he would be celebrating Mass at 10.30. So I set my alarm for 10.25 so that I can rush in and prepare the altar and readings. But by 10.00 itself, Fr Balaraju was out of his room in Cassock. By the time I reached the Chapel, when my alarm went off, I found that he had prepared everything. What’s more he also finished his Office of readings too! Now that’s what I was thinking about during the whole Mass: his commitment to his vocation as a priest. He may falter in very many things but the primary duty of a Priest he was diligent and still in love with. Reflecting upon all these, I too felt greatly touched by the Eucharist today. For I knew very well that it was being celebrated by someone who had prepared well and was diligent about his primary duty as a Priest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...