Pages

04 November 2008

Preferential choice?

This evening during my walk back home I met a baffled bus conductor with an empty RTC bus at a junction near Himayatsagar looking for someone to direct him. I mistakenly pointed him a 'long cut'!!!

Anyway, I also saw several people returning from work carrying their tiffin boxes - those long ones with a handle! Most of them were young men. But they were also couples - young people again - but with small children on their shoulders! It seemed like their daily routine - go for work in the morning and be back in the evening. Apparently while I was walking to burn my fat, these people were walking (that too after a day's hard manual work) to save Rs 3 for the shared auto!

What of those small children? What if I too was born into such a family? Would I have been here sitting at this computer, gloriously typing away?

Thanks Papa and Mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...